HOW DO I CONTACT THE OFFICE/PROVIDER?
OFFICE PHONE: (561) 753-8888
OFFICE FAX: (561) 795-5004
12959 Palms West Drive #120,
Loxahatchee, FL 33470
EMERGENCIES: Call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room
NON-URGENT phone calls, faxes and correspondence to our main office in Loxahatchee (Palms West) at the numbers and address below. We answer phone calls Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. We are closed for lunch from 12 noon to 1 pm. If you have an urgent matter during office hours, please call our main office. If you do not get an answer, our lines may be full. If possible, please call back or leave a message. If it is an urgent matter that cannot wait, please call our after-hours urgent line listed below. REACHING A PROVIDER AFTER HOURS: If you have an urgent matter after hours that cannot wait until the office is open, we will make every effort to have a physician or nurse practitioner available by phone. If it is an emergency, however, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. Although we will make every effort to call you back as soon as possible, occasionally circumstances may prevent us from returning your call in a timely manner. If your matter is urgent, please call your 911 or your primary care physician or go to your nearest emergency room. PLEASE NOTE: Because the on-call physician does not have access to patient records for verification, we regret that they will not be able to call in prescription refills under any circumstances. Instead, please ask your pharmacy to give you enough doses to last until the next business day.
HOW DO I OBTAIN MEDICATION REFILLS?
For general medications you may call or preferably, fax a request to our office and we will call in prescription refills to your pharmacy. Controlled substances (such as Ritalin, Adderall, Focalin, Metadate, Daytrana, Concerta, Methylin and Dexedrine) cannot be refilled and require a new prescription every month. In addition, they cannot be called into the pharmacy. IMPORTANT: Do NOT wait until the last minute to refill your prescriptions, particularly during hurricane season. Unless your physician states otherwise, DO NOT ABRUPTLY STOP YOUR MEDICATION! THIS MAY BE VERY DANGEROUS. REMEMBER: Requests for refills are taken during office hours only. Please do not call the physician on call to ask for refills since they do not have access to your records. THE ON-CALL PHYSICIAN WILL NOT REFILL PRESCRIPTIONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. If you have run out of medication, you MUST ask your pharmacy to give you enough medication to last until the office is open again. Leave a message to refill prescriptions at 561-753-8888 ext. 1611.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO MY APPOINTMENT?
The following is a list of helpful items to bring:
1. Your referral, if required. We recommend that you obtain it from your primary care physician ahead of time rather than relying on them to fax it to us. If your insurance plan requires one, you will not be able to be seen without a referral.
2. Your insurance card and a driver’s license or passport.
3. Your co-pay. We accept most major credit cards and checks. Please note that we do not accept credit cards for amounts less than $5.00.
4. All medications you are currently taking and their original bottles.
5. Any past medical records, school or psychological test results, MRI’s, CT scans or X-rays you may have.
6. A reliable translator if you do not speak English or Spanish.
7. If this is your first visit, you can save time by downloading the Medical History and Demographic forms from this website, filling it out ahead of time and bringing it to your visit.
8. Legal guardians please bring any pertinent court documents as it will be required for the initial visit to be seen.
WHAT IF I CANNOT KEEP MY APPOINTMENT?
CALL OFFICE PHONE: (561) 753-8888 ext.1613
In order to be fair to other patients who may be waiting for an appointment, please notify us as soon as possible if you cannot make your appointment. There WILL be a charge for missed appointments which are not cancelled in advance. We will attempt to notify you by phone several days prior to your appointment so please let us know if your phone number changes.
WHAT IF ONE PARENT OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBER CANNOT MAKE IT TO THE APPOINTMENT BUT WANTS TO KNOW WHAT WAS SAID?
Although we try to make every effort that everyone involved has a thorough understanding of your child’s medical condition, we unfortunately do not have the time to repeat what was said during the appointment to other family members who weren’t present. Instead, please bring a list of questions that other family members may have and be sure to take notes during the appointment that you can share with them later. If you were not at the appointment, please do NOT call the physician to find out what was said. If you must speak with the physician, please schedule a follow up appointment with your child.